- Determine whether saliva transmission of Zika virus is possible via several mucosal routes.
Two recipient animals were challenged with donor saliva from ZIKV-011
. Saliva was applied to the tonsillar mucosa. Recipient animals were challenged with donor saliva for 8 consecutive days starting on day 3 post-infection of the donor animal. We are sampling daily for up to 18dpi, then weekly through 28dpi. Viral loads will be performed on plasma, saliva oral swabs, urine, and whole blood. Serum will be collected for plaque assays/TCID50 once plasma viremia is detected.
Two animals were challenged with donor saliva from drool (ZIKV-011
) applied to the tonsils. No viremia was detected in either of the recipient animals.
- 373824 challenged with 10E6 PFU Zika virus/H.sapiens-tc/FRA/2013/FrenchPolynesia-01_v1c1
- 705709 challenged with 10E6 PFU Zika virus/H.sapiens-tc/FRA/2013/FrenchPolynesia-01_v1c1
Clinical and Assay Data
Viral RNA quantification
- Plasma viral loads Chart
- Urine viral loads Chart
- Oral swab viral loads Chart
- Neutralizing Antibody Titers